Friday, August 20, 2010

Get in the Hatchback: 2010 Season Part II

Surprisingly enough, the days here in Columbia actually seem to be getting shorter. School is starting back up, English soccer is on TV again and, a few hours to the north of me, the Cycle-Smart Cyclo-Cross Camp is up and running.

All of this can only mean one thing: it's almost time for fall and the most glorious sport in the world- cyclo-cross, obviously.

Now, while I've got 'Cross Camp envy going for me right now, I'll be seeking fitness in the form of the "All That Jazz Criterium" tomorrow in Cheraw, SC. This race will be my first time pinning on a number since the Dilworth Criterium in Charlotte on May 1st. I took the rest of May off and I've been building a strong base since mid-June. I'm going into Cheraw in my last week of base training (next week is recovery) and without any intensity work whatsoever. No ambitions tomorrow except to get back into the swing of things.

A few more road races in September, plus the Clemson 'Cross training series on Wednesdays will get me fully prepped to kick the cycl0-cross season into high gear on October 2nd in Kingsport, TN.

I keep getting super stoked to race 'cross again, then I have to bring myself back down to Earth and remember that it's more than a month away. However, the Clemson training races do start up in just a week or two, so it's not real racing but I should probably start thinking about freshening up my skills before I head up there.

So for those of you who can't wait for 'cross, here's some media to keep you at bay until October. Whenever I have free time on the computer at work, I go trolling for sweet videos to keep me occupied. These are some of the recent gems:





I don't think a few of those obstacles are UCI legal anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment